Sunday, November 28, 2010

Get Organized: A tribute to Aristotle...and my room.

At the end of last school year, I literally dumped out everything in my closet and all my drawers. It took me a couple days, but I got rid of a bunch of clothes that no longer fit and items that I simply wasn't interested in anymore.
It was shocking to realize that a mere five months can completely disorganize everything in my room. Therefore, I started out my Thanksgiving break to doing a tribute to Aristotle. I did what I managed to do five months earlier. I took out everything in my closet and all my drawers. There wasn't as much STUFF as before, luckiliy, but there was a lot of organizing to do. I spent an entire thirteen and a half hours reorganizing everything.
Before I reorganized, I felt as if my head was as disorganized as my room. I felt that nothing had it's place, and that life was one big mess.
During my reorganization marathon, I felt really disgusted that I had so much stuff. I also felt really frustrated that it got so disorganized from the last time I organized everything. Needless to say, after I gave my self some motivating thoughts, like once it's done you will feel so wonderful, I kept on organizing my cloths and papers and such.
After I reorganized everything, I felt as good as new. I felt so organized, so wonderful, so fresh! The thing I felt the most was freedom. When I am organized for some reason, I feel really free, like I have the ability to take on any task. It also made me realize how important it is to keep cleaning my room every so often, so I can do a bunch of mini room cleans instead of one giant one.
After doing this project, it made me realize how much healthier and happier my mind feels when I'm organized. It made me realize that the place you live in really affects your mind, and that is why it is so important to keep a clean and organized room, so your mind can be free and organized too. This also made me realize that I can control how my mind feels, and that I should make every effort to make my mind feel the best and freest.
After doing this project, it made me realize that more comes from a clean room than a place for all your posessions. There is a whole mental health aspect involved in organizing. There is a philosophical aspect involved in a clean room. For with a clean room, one can achieve successful things and be able to live life to a higher degree.
It also made me aware that a clean room has more rewards and benefits than having a path to your bed. I really like when things have order and are clean, and overall it made me realize that I have control over the cleanness of my room; I know now how beneficial a clean room is for me, so I am going to make sure my room stays clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment