Sunday, October 17, 2010

Metacognition: QE Essay

At the beginning of the QE essay, I was very excited to write it. I liked the topic I chose, the connection between education and creativity, and I really enjoyed looking at the topic with such depth.

However, after getting my grades back on the first and second part, I started to feel frustrated that my writing wasn't where I wanted it to be. In fact, there was one point where I was so frustrated, that I felt this essay wasn't challenging me anymore. I felt this essay moved from my range of enjoyable challenge into the annoyance range.

I was almost mad that I had to write this QE essay at. Mad that I had to be educated! Such a terrible thing to say though, for when I made myself stop and take a step back to think. I realized only one thing, how contradicting I was being! Here I am writing an essay on how education brings creativity and imagination, and I don't even want to write this essay to help educate myself! Ever since that moment, I really started to work hard on the essay and looked at it with a well lit candle, and the joy I had writing the essay in the beginning came back to me.

Something that surprised me about my brain is that I can think so durastically different. One moment I love the essay, the next moment I don't like it. Where it doesn't matter if I like or don't like it because either way I am going to be writing it. As a result, I should just keep a positive light the whole time because it would make writing this essay, or any essay, a lot easier and enjoyable.

I like that my thinking stops to think about my thinking. Meaning that I'm always analyzing how I think and looking for ways to improve. I also like that when I am frustrated or not exactly liking how I am thinking, my thinking stops to think. I take a step back to analyze and regroup my mind, so I can be more successful.

With that being said, I would like to work on contradicting myself. I feel I am constantly contradicting myself. One day I may say something, but the next day I may say the complete opposite, completely contradicting what I said the previous day because of an experience I had. Therefore, I would like to work on not contradicting myself by questioning every belief, idea, opinion, or thought that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment